FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I start water and garbage service?
Answer: Call the office and complete a Move-in Form and pay the required deposit.
2. How do I stop water and garbage service ?
Answer: Call the office and complete a Move-out form. At the next monthly meeting of the Commissioners, you will
receive a refund or a bill for the balance due for any services provided prior to the move out.
3. When will I receive my garbage and water bill?
Answer: Your Utility bill will be sent to you the first week of the month. If move in date is before the 15th of the
month, you will receive a bill the following month. If you move in after the 15th of the month, you have entered
another billing cycle and it will be the 1st day of the second month after your move in before you will receive a
4. What can I do if I do not receive a water or garbage bill the first week in the
Answer: Call the office and leave a message requesting a bill.
5. Will I be charged a late fee if I didn't receive a water or garbage bill?
Answer: If you do not call the office and report that you did not get a bill prior to the 21st of the month, you will be
charged a late fee..
6. Will my water service be terminated if I don't pay the full amount on the utility
7. What date do I have to pay my water and garbage bill before it is considered
Answer: Your bill is late if not paid by 4 pm on the 21st of the month.
8. Does College Acres Public Works recycle paper and plastic?
Answer: No, paper and plastic are now part of the regular garbage collection.
9. When is yard debris collected by the College Acres Public Works?
Answer: Yard debris is collected on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays once each month on each street.
10. What does College Acres Public Works recycle?
Answer: College Acres Public Works does not have a recycle program
11. What does a Yellow Tag on my door handle mean?
Answer: A "Yellow tag" is a warning of pending water termination due to non payment of the water bill.
12. If I call the office will someone answer the telephone?
Answer: Yes , College Acres has business office hours between 8 am and 3 pm , Monday thru Friday. A
receptionist will answer your call and direct the call to get answers your questions.
If you call between 12 noon and 1 oclock, or after business hours, you will need to leave a message.
Please leave your telephone number so we can call you.
13. If I need to talk to someone right away, who do I call?
Answer: Call the emergency number and the Lead Man will answer on his cell phone. 803-349-7782
14. Yellow tag also used for debris problem.
Answer: A yellow tag may be telling you that your yard debris pile does not meet the rules for debris collection as set
by the District. The homeowner must take action to correct the problem before the pile will be removed by
15. Does College Acres have a household appliance, furniture, bedding,
cookout grills, construction materials, etc collection day?
Answer: No. College Acres District does not collect these type of items.
16. Can I pay my College Acres Utility Bill by Credit Card ?
Answer: Yes The College Acres District will accept credit card payment of the utility bill. Call the toll free
number at 844-267-9328 Utility bills must be paid in full by the 21st of the month.